• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UGH...frame size question

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it has just dawned on me (yup, I'm a little slow) that I must be doing something wrong.

I shoot my video on my Galaxy S8 and upload it to Premier Elements to edit. Every time I go to edit, I need to enlarge the video a good bit by pulling the corners. Inevitably, I am zooming in so much that the quality starts to pixellate. I'm shooting in 1920 X 1080 (60fps) and that's the setting on my project as well...but something is awry.

I know, this is clearly a basic piece of info that somehow I've missed...

So, what's the best way to make sure that my settings are in sync?

Oh, and what is the best setting for my phone to be recording at?

Thanks in Advance, Lynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

I have found the solution.  Not only do I need to force PrE to the frame size when I set up the project, but then I also went to Edit>Preferences>General and unclicked 'Default Scale to Frame Size'.  Works great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your phone to 16:9 or 1920x1080.  That's the "standard" screen size of TVs and computers.  But, that's what you've said you do.

In PrE, it automatically picks the best setting for the project when you slide the first clip to the timeline.  Or, it can be forced manually.  Which are you doing?

If that's not working, can you post some screen shots of your editing including the project settings?  It would also help if you got the (free) MediaInfo program and captured a screen shot of the "Tree" view of your video file.

Any chance you're holding your phone vertically instead of horizontally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

1) I don't think I've been forcing it...but I just started a sample project and did force the settings.  I noticed that on the projects that I didn't force the setting, PrE set them at 1280 x 720.

2) definitely not holding vertically.

3) attaching screenshots of sample project. Even though I forced to 1920 x 1080 (60fps), I will still have to drag out the corners...is that normal?

Screenshot (154).png

Screenshot (155).png

Screenshot (157).png

Screenshot (158).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have variable frame rate video.  You need to convert it to constant frame rate before bringing it into Premiere Elements.

Here is a link to a Handbrake tutorial:

Fixing  video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Handbrake but it doesn't fix the frame size issue? I still have to pull the corners of my video to fit the PrE screen, thereby reducing the quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution.  Not only do I need to force PrE to the frame size when I set up the project, but then I also went to Edit>Preferences>General and unclicked 'Default Scale to Frame Size'.  Works great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it working!  I didn't expect that should be unchecked to off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines