• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UIFramework.dll crashes Premiere Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Elements 15 installation has begin to crash on startup with this error message in the Windows Application log:

Faulting application name: PremiereElementsEditor.exe, version: 15.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57cd94f4

Faulting module name: UIFramework.dll, version: 15.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57cd90ff

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001f0090

Faulting process id: 0x1140

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b2ff9b746c50

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 15\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 15\UIFramework.dll

Report Id: da0c9f50-1ef2-11e9-9a11-c85b76f18e60

Event ID: 1000, Task Category: (100)

Until it is solved can I not start my Premiere Elements 15 at all. I have not tried more drastic solutions like to reinstall it of course as I think I should not have to do that even though that sometimes is the last resort to solve errors.

Have anyone else had an error like this one and been able to solve it, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Finally I can start my Premiere Elements again

I can't say for sure where the root to the problem is but I found that I didn't have a "My Documents" or at least not where I thought it to be. I couldn't right click on the folder I assumed to be my documents folder and the select the tab location. It turned out that it only was possible to access that tab after I created the folder Users\<user name>\Documents and right clicked that folder. After I did that could I set it to my customized location

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now found a clue but not a solution to this error. By googling the error I found a discussion where move of the My Documents folder caused problem for Premiere Elements and I also moved my folder a while ago, to temporarily to a RAM-disk mounted to Z: but have moved it back to its original location with all the original paths kept. However, as an experiment I tried to connect an USB stick and changed its volume label to Z: and then was I able to start Premiere Elements again. But as soon as I remove the USB stick I am back to the problem again.
I found that the settings for Scratch Disks was set to "Same as Project" for all options, which were located at Z:, and I changed them to a location at C: but it did not solve the problem. An available Z:-disk is still required.
It seems that the Z: location is cached somewhere and I searched my Windows registry for Z: and removed some occurrences but it did not help. I also searched some Adobe -folders on the C:-disk but it did not help. Maybe I have missed to look at the right location, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I can start my Premiere Elements again

I can't say for sure where the root to the problem is but I found that I didn't have a "My Documents" or at least not where I thought it to be. I couldn't right click on the folder I assumed to be my documents folder and the select the tab location. It turned out that it only was possible to access that tab after I created the folder Users\<user name>\Documents and right clicked that folder. After I did that could I set it to my customized location (which is C:\home in my case) and then I was able to start my Premiere Elements again.
My intention with this update is to leave some information that others that turn into this problem hopefully soon can find with Google.

But there seems to be some problem (bug) somewhere with Premiere Elements connected to the location for the My Documents folder. That is something to look at for their support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm stuck with a non working Premiere Elements 13. 

I think mine has to do with location too but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I haven't moved my documents (it's still in C:\Users\[me]\Documents\ - in Windows 10).

Bummed.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines