• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add media in Premiere Elements 15 video editor

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 15 has been working fine up until now, but now I'm no longer able to create new videos... when I try to Add Media to a New Project I get this message -

'Premiere Elements Debug Event

Premiere Elements has encountered an error.

[E:\Adobe\pre\main\ContentAnalysis\ContentAnalysisHost\Src\ContentAnal'

When I click Continue it gives me this message -

'Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down. Attempting to save your current project.'

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program? You won't lose any works in progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve - I'm not sure how to reinstall it... the Premiere Elements program appears in my 'Products', but not in any of the options in my 'Order History', so no option to reinstall. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences. (Premiere Elements)

• To restore default preference settings and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I've tried that a few times (restarting computer each time) but no luck, it is still giving me the same messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still say you need to try unininstalling/installing the program. (Hopefully when you purchased the program you saved the installation files.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

The program was installed for me when I purchased the computer - I still have the serial number, but not sure how to reinstall it.

The program appears in my 'Products' but not in my 'Order History', so there's no option to reinstall.

Is this because it has been discontinued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not in your purchase history because you didn't purchase it directly from Adobe.

You can try Adobe chat to see if they will givew you a download link, but I don't think they will:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...Chat and Agent.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The agent in Adobe chat was able to send the download link using my serial number... Premiere Elements uninstalled and reinstalled... all working fine now. Thanks Steve & Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know that Adobe is still providing downloads for some old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines