• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Premiere Elements on new laptop!! HELP!

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original laptop that I installed Premiere Elements on died resulting in me having to get a new one.

The problem is that I can't seem to install PE on my new laptop. The installation stalls at 0% for around 5 minutes then stops giving the error code "215".

Both laptops are Windows 10 machines.

The original that died was a Lenovo Yoga 920. 

The current laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is similar. However, when I try the solution stated (disabling my firewall) I then simiply get the installation process stopping at 1% and the message "intallation failed" with no error code.

It's really strange because I had absolutely no problem installing the program on my prior laptop with the exact same firewall - i.e. McAfee. Could it be that this Dell laptop has some added sercuity feature that's blocking the download and install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it were me, I would go to the Adobe help center and click on the chat icon in the lower right corner.  Adobe techs will fix it!

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines