Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to modify a slideshow created with Organizer in PE2021

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am evaluating the new Premiere Elements 2021 and get impressed by the companion software Elements organizer.

The latter is able to produce very beautiful automated slideshow.

However, one is expecting that both software are able to cooperate, and hence that, when the EO software has firstly produced  the slideshow, one can then import it to PE2021 to further editing and personalizing it. One thing is for instance to change music and add more tracks and voice comments, onether is to modify the duration of each single image, another again it to trim some videos. All of these are impossible to control from the automated procedure in EO.

In the available guides from Adobe, it is referenced that EO slideshow con be then imported in PE, but this is not the case in 2021, when I get an error like "Unable to open the file test.mcmemories" since it is in the wrong format.

Even worse is that if I was supposedly satisfied of the slideshow, I cannot use the export to DVD function in EO, since this will recall PE2021, and the same error happens, warning me that the mcmemories file is not recognized.

The points are:

- how can i personalize slideshow in PE2021?

---- please, don't tell me open the still photos and recreate the theme by yourself, since for instance the watercolor theme is feasible but really complicate by hand if you have hundreds of photos

- why the mcmemories file cannot be opened in PE2021? In the end they are compressed xml files

- Is this a bug? Since it seems to me quite silly that the two software can not cooperate? What is the sense of having a complex video editor unable to edit a video project created by a software from the same software house and installed together with it?

Please, help me if you can since this is driving me crazy, and it is a decisive point to help me decide to buy the software or not.

Thank you very much for any possible help

Federico

TOPICS
Error or problem , Feature request , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my book I show you that, in  the current versions of the Elements suite, the only way to get the Organizer slideshow into Premiere Elements is to save it as an MP4. This MP4 will not be editable as a slideshow in Premiere Elements. It will merely be a final video of your slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Steve,

thank you very much for your kind answer.

Actually, that was the only way I found to be able to edit the audio tracks. However, this does not allow to edit the video section.

Again, I am not able to understand why Adobe made this choice.

Moreover, this is also a different behavior with respect to what is expected. Please, read here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/user-guide.html/in/elements-organizer/using/using-elem...

the page states "Create a slideshow in Elements Organizer with captions, transitions, effects, music, narration, graphics, and titles. After creating the slideshow, bring the slideshow into Adobe Premiere Elements for further editing".

I finally would like to highlight again that seems more (at least to me) a software limitation (wanted or not) than a practical limitation. In a Windows installation, it is sufficient to go to "c:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\19.0\Slideshow\themes\assets\" and you can find the proposed themes in EO. For instance, for the watercolor theme you will find a .prel file that you can open in PE2021 that will reveal how the slideshow will be then constructed. I can argue that EO will automatize the selection of still-image/frame pairs and then construct the PE projest just by repeating the structure.

So, no magic at all...EO will create (under the hood) a PE project and display it in the slideshow preview window. What is the sense of avoiding me to edit that project? I do not understand...

Thank you to anyone who can clarify me the situation.

Cheers

Federico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines