• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open photoshop elements 2018 or premiere elements 2018?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a windows 7 Lenovo T430 laptop with plenty of resources of all kinds, fully updated - windows, drivers, etc

Over 4 years experience using elements products (photoshop and premiere) - and all the scars learning the sequences to avoid most crashes.

Started a new project after 6 months of not using the products, found Photoshop Elements 11 still working fine, Premiere Elements 11 refused to open - after multiple restart in every combination of holding shift key, direct from exe, starting in safe mode, and what seemed like endless uninstalling/reinstalling . Used CC Cleaner and worked thru at least 20 forum discussions. Was surprised how many "fail to open" discussions, some going back 4 years or more, remain unanswered. Tried most things but refused to mess with Registry stuff.

Gave up, uninstalled both "11" family products, purchased Elements 2018 family and installed with serial numbers.

Now, neither program with start - Organizer splash screen crashes at "loading Media Core components"

Will call the chat guys in the morning but figure this must be a common problem - not being addressed?

all help/insight appreciated

[title edited by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Update. Spent 6 hours over 2 days with Abobe chat guy.

Short version is the combination of my Microsoft user profile and the Adobe Organizer/Premier aren’t happy with each other.

Set up another user account on my laptop to work on Adobe stuff. Works fine

If I upgrade to Windows 10 or buy a new computer, the problem may solve itself.

Adobe guy was relentless and deserves a lot of credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size and how full is your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly, Bob.

This problem is virtually only seen on computers that don't have enough defragmented free space for the programs to deploy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx

285 GB usable HD - 86 GB free

Also have 2nd 1 TB HD, 850 GB free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try defragmenting your C drive. Fragmentation can keep the program from grabbing large blocks of free space.

Once you do that, 86 gigs of free space should be enough for the programs to at least open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx - for info

Defragged C drive - programs got a little start, then crashed

On to chat - wish me luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update. Spent 6 hours over 2 days with Abobe chat guy.

Short version is the combination of my Microsoft user profile and the Adobe Organizer/Premier aren’t happy with each other.

Set up another user account on my laptop to work on Adobe stuff. Works fine

If I upgrade to Windows 10 or buy a new computer, the problem may solve itself.

Adobe guy was relentless and deserves a lot of credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines