• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to register Adobe Media Encoder on Elemenets 9

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently unable to output any of my projects. It says I need to Activate Component (MPEG2 Component). And to activate it, it provided this link http://www.adobe.com/go/premiereel_encoderThat page no longer exists and I'm unable to activate the encoder. 

Are there other ways to Activate this component?

Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Windows 7

adobe sh.JPG

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe has discontinued all support for all of its software products that are more than about three to four years old, and completely shut down all activation servers for all products that are more than about six years old. Premiere Elements 9 is now more than 10 years old at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere PRO to Premiere ELEMENTS forum

To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might, emphasize might, be able to get the media encoder by installing the free trial of the current version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions but it seems there's no way. One activation link requires Flash which no longer works, other leads to another deleted page. Installing free trial of newest Elements requires Windows 10... Shame I can no longer use a product I bought. That's not how Adobe should be treating their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right Tiki that in a perfect world, apps should work and be supported forever.  But version 9 is so old by computer standards, I think two major versions of Windows has come out since.  And CPUs have changed too.  Part of the solution for the "professional' Adobe products has been to move to a subscription allowing a flow on ongoing updates.   

It may be that your expectation of use forever is not entirely realistic or even possible.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. that's true, I have so old everything,  and I am so old 58, too! But I like it, I like Win 7, I have many old applications, but almost all of them works properly, even now, after a many years. Elements 9 costed me 110 bucks, nothing special, ok, but I bought it for forever. 

I have a  Selmer saxophone, much older than me, from 1949 and that horn still sounds great - I bought it for forever, too. And update for it, means  repairing, sometimes, once in decade,  depends  of use - but everything works as always. I don' need to buy new version of Selmer sax to play music today. 

That is explanation of Adobe's unsolid behavior, but they are just one tree in the forest in this 21.century.

Excuse me for my english, it is not my native language.

Thanks again, greetings from Belgade, Serbia,

Tiki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines