• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to share completed projects

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to share a project prepared in Premiere 10, I either receive a message saying "A serious error has occurred, Premiere is shut down" or "SCDisc is containing an error or is not configured for Windows". Error code is 0xc0000020.

The problem is relatively new, and I have not changed the system in any conscious way.

I can also receive an additional text saying that the "mirroring of the memory is erroneous".

I am running an up-to-date versi0on of Windows 10.

Any suggestions regarding what I can do?

I have tried uninstalling and reloading my program, but the problem is still there.

Jan Dahlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not very good at Windows 10 problems.  Further, Premiere Elements 10 code was written well before Windows 10.

That said, could you list your computer configuration including space on your disc drive?  Are you using a network?

There are a lot of ways to create output.  Can you outline what your share steps and choices are?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer!

I have sufficient space on my computer, and I have no network that the computer is connected to.

The problem arises when I click on "Share", before I make any choice of output.

Rgds Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is your movie?

What model of camcorder did your original video footage come from and what is the video's format and resolution?

What happens if you make a copy of the project file and then delete all but, say, 5 minutes -- and then you Share that 5 minute project?

As Bill says, you're using a pretty old version of the program with a lot of limitations. It was neither designed to work on Windows 10 nor was it designed to work with most of today's video formats. So it will take some troubleshooting. And the first step in troubleshooting is to see if you're capable of outputting a movie at all from your footage -- which is why I want to you try outputting an abbreviated version of your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve - I have tried with a project that consists of just one slidescreen, and I still have the same problem.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the SCDisc.sc, but I am unable to find out what. I have also tried to get a copy of the SCDisc subprogram and paste into the Premiere software, (after removing the original) but the problem is still there.

Very annoying, since I have put a lot of effort into the projects I have made.

Rgds Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Jan. I can't offer more help unless you answer my questions.

Although you may be right. It could well be that version 10 is just no longer able to cut it on new operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought I had answered your questions?

How long is your movie?  - it can be just one slide and it still does not work

What model of camcorder did your original video footage come from and what is the video's format and resolution? - a normal jpg slide from a Leica camera

What happens if you make a copy of the project file and then delete all but, say, 5 minutes -- and then you Share that 5 minute project? - I still cannot click on share without receiving the error message and being aborted

As Bill says, you're using a pretty old version of the program with a lot of limitations. It was neither designed to work on Windows 10 nor was it designed to work with most of today's video formats. So it will take some troubleshooting. And the first step in troubleshooting is to see if you're capable of outputting a movie at all from your footage -- which is why I want to you try outputting an abbreviated version of your project. - I cannot share my work in any way, and it is the case also for previous projects which before this problem appeared were shared without any problem

Do you know what the function of the SCDisc,sc is?

Regards Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan,

Can you share it to your computer? Basically do a Save [project] and then Share -> Devices -> Computer -> HD 720? If that works to generate a video file, you ought to be able to share the video that way.

I am in sympathy with you because while I have the latest PRE, I'm still using FireWorks from the Way-Back machine. Sometimes I have to use different stupid dog tricks to get everything working the way I need it.

Kindest regards,

Bill S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your only media is a still photo?

What happens if you size that photo to 2500x1875 (72 ppi) as I recommend in my books before you add it to your movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing purposes I made a movie containing only one still photo. It is exported from Adobe Photoshop.

Regardless of the size of that photo, or if I try just one short movie, the problem is still there.

As soon as I hit the "Share" button. I can never reach the Share alternatives.

What about the SCDisc.sc, do you know?
Rgds Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what a SCDisc file is. I can't even find information on it with a Google search!

When did you last run a MalwareBytes scan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a guess:

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines