• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Audio effects in Elements 19

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just obtained Elements 19 after using Elements 15 for the last couple of years.

Editing video clips I suddenly cannot drag audio effects to the timeline as I used to as in Elements 15. Is this something to do with that Elements 19 has discovered my clips are in 5.1 sound and therefore cannot use effects? If so is there a way to convert to stereo as the finished video only goes on You Tube?

Or is there another reason?

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

I loaded up a 5.1 file in the timeline and could not add an audio effect either.............

Might be as it is 5.1

If you start up the timeline with a stereo clip it will set the timeline to stereo. All 5.1 clips will come in with 2 channel and you will be able to add the filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2019 relies on the operating system to provide 5.1 (Dolby AC-3) support.  Windows 7 does not do that.  Windows 8 and 10 do.  Therefore if you are still using Windows 7 and Premiere Elements 2019, you are in a sort of "penalty box".  You should continue with version 15 or upgrade your operating system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, I'm using Windows 10 on a new machine for both Elements 15 and 19. On 15 the sound was two channels while now on 19 it's 5 channels. All i want to do is to use the filters but 19 won't allow it and no reason given. I upgraded as 15 started to crash fairly often when using the marker.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of your timeline with the audio tracks and header clearly visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you meant?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded up a 5.1 file in the timeline and could not add an audio effect either.............

Might be as it is 5.1

If you start up the timeline with a stereo clip it will set the timeline to stereo. All 5.1 clips will come in with 2 channel and you will be able to add the filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I changed the sound on the camera to stereo instead of 5.1. and then I could in PE19 use the audio effects and filters. This proved your workaround to be correct also.

But Adobe ought to address this, so that filters can be used in 5.1. in some way.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines