• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknow Error Given When Trying to Export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 2018 and for the first time am having problems exporting. I am trying to export a video in 1080p and after it renders my 3 minute video to almost 100% it gives me an unknown error message. Does anyone have an idea what's causing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Thank you very much for responding! I closed out of the program and then restarted it and it worked fine. I do, if you don’t mind, have a totally unrelated question for you. I have Premiere Elements on my PC and Mac Pro. I’m pretty sure the settings are the same, however, on my PC I often times have a flickering (power lines dancing as well as metal roofs, etc.) on my exported aerial video. The raw footage looks fine when I view it on a media player. Also when I process it on my apple laptop I d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide much information.  So everything is a guess.  First guess is that there may not be enough free disc space.  Second is that there is a stray clip outside the video.  Try setting the workarea bars and checking the workarea bar only box at export.

More can be guessed at if you provide source video specifics, project settings and output settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot of error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for responding! I closed out of the program and then restarted it and it worked fine. I do, if you don’t mind, have a totally unrelated question for you. I have Premiere Elements on my PC and Mac Pro. I’m pretty sure the settings are the same, however, on my PC I often times have a flickering (power lines dancing as well as metal roofs, etc.) on my exported aerial video. The raw footage looks fine when I view it on a media player. Also when I process it on my apple laptop I don’t have an issue. I would much rather do the editing on my PC with a large monitor if I can export without flickering issues. Do you have any ideas what could be causing my problems? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are seeing is referred to as "moire".  If it is not on your source footage, you should be able to avoid it on your output by changing the Export & Share settings.  Google for "video moire" and you will get plenty of references.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Do you know what settings I need to change? I haven’t been able to ascertain what settings to adjust.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May we start with what settings you are using?  Maybe a screen shot?

Short of that,  "Export & Share > Devices > Custom >  Advanced Setting > Match Source"  has worked well for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martycox,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that you are getting an error everytime you export your file. Please check this article: Solve compiling error when rendering or exporting from Adobe Premiere Elements.

Let us know if it helps,

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shivangg  wrote

Hi martycox,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that you are getting an error everytime you export your file.

The OP responded:

Thank you very much for responding! I closed out of the program and then restarted it and it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all sorts of possibilities explained earlier but I am unable to get rid of this problem (Unknown error, error compiling files), should I uninstall and re install the software, will it help ? I fi uninstall and reinstall , again do I need to buy the license ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No there is no need to reinstall: it is something on the timeline that is not correct.

Try exporting 1920x1080.

Before export reboot computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines