• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unsupported format

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my videos are not viewable in photoshop. Says its an unsupported file type or something. But I can view it on my computer. Is there an easy fix to this? How do I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a lot more information about your computer, your operating system, your software version, file type, file source, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check my reply in the forum. Gleefully that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeffw21596450  wrote

Check my reply in the forum. Gleefully that helps.

Which forum? 

Yes, Photoshop CC will open video files, including .MOV files.  I'm not sure, but I don't think Photoshop Elements will open video files. This is not the Photoshop Forum, it is the Premiere Elements forum and Premiere Elements, as a video editor, is very good at opening all sorts of video files. 

Jeff, I frankly suspect you are having fun trying to get a reaction in a public forum.  If you want real help, there are people that would like to to that. 

If you can be more specific and clear about what you are doing and what you are doing it with, you will get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info.... it says its a mov.file and I can open it and watch it in the movies & tv app on my brand new laptop. I'm sure I could possiblt figure out how to change each and every video into a format that photoshop will read, but there has to be an easier way than selecting and changing g each video individually as I have hundreds of videos that need to me changed to the new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know Photoshop is a photo editing program, right? It will not edit MOVs or other video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines