• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having the same issue? When I try to update Premiere Elements a screen saying "Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported"...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser and operating system are you using? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

Which version are you currently using and which version are you trying to update to?

That's not a typical message, but it might be a valid one under certain circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My version is Windows 10 Education, 1909 64-bit but other people with Windowns 10 20H1 are having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find your Windows version
click the 'window pane' in the lower left corner
click the 'gear' aka settings on the left in the new screen
click system in the new screen
click about on the left
my version is Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.1110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you currently using and which version are you trying to update to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue to install my PSE 2019 in my new notebook, just managed to install it and update Camera Raw as expected. The explanation and workaround for this issue seems to be in here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/workaround-for-pse-installation-or-update-update-o...

Summing up:

1- Install Creative Cloud Desktop app (even if you don't have any CC app, I don't), log in to it. DO NOT have to install any CC app also.

2- After loging in CC Desktop, try to install or update your Premiere Elements. Looks like it should work. As I said, it worked for my clean install of PSE 2019.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! It actually worked for the Premiere Elements 2020 installer with which I was having the same issue. Thanks for the tip and for saving my time. 

ADVICE TO ADOBE: Please try to update your webpage that makes a lot of suggestions on how to fix this issue but gets nowhere close (Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps). This is not an OS or browser issue. It looks more like an authentication issue of some kind, since logging in via CC Desktop resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a creative cloud account and logged into Creative Cloud Desktop.  I still cannot install Premiere elements 2019 without getting the message to update my browser.  I have Windows 11 with both Edge and Chrome installed... I've tried making each my default browser and that made no difference.  This is quite frustrating as I just got a new Windows computer and cannot install the software, let alone use it.  This is 100% on Adobe and tying its login to Internet Explorer, a browser that is not even supported anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have the same problem and am lost.  I can't get anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines