• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade questions

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements 15 – yes, very old – and I'm going to upgrade to 2021. But I'm in the middle of some projects and wonder if they'll be transferable. Also, I have a number of keyboard customizations, saved as a file – is there a way to transfer them?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finish the project in E15 and start fresh in 2021.

As for the kbsc file copy/paste in this folder:

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me!

Re: the current project – the problem is that 15 seems to be corrupted, so that may not be an option. But that's life.

As for restoring the customized shortcuts, two things: first, will that work in such a significant upgrade, from 15 to 2021? And second, I reinstalled Windows and Premiere Elements a few months ago; I'd saved the customized file, copied it into the directory, but couldn't access the file, so had to manually re-enter the shortcuts. Is there another method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is not working I know of no other way but to manually add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough – thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, meant to ask: what's "kbsc" stand for? The file I copied over, which didn't work, was "(name).kys".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keyboard short cut.

file is indeed xxx.kys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh. Well, if I reinstall, I'll try it again. I assume there's no better way than just copying the file into the new Premiere Elements directory...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines