• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade Version 8 to 2019 Version

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I upgrade to premier elements 2019 from using premiere elements 8 will I be able to complete any unfinished elements 8 projects in the latest version without any problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!  Not a chance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I wouldn't even recommend finishing a version 15 project in version 2019.

Premiere Elements is not designed to be backwards compatible. And trying to open an older project with a newer version of the program will often corrupt the project and make it uneditable in either version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The vote is 2 to 0 against it!   There is always a remote chance if the old project is very simple with no adjustments, transitions, etc. 

You can download a free trial copy of 2019 and try it.  Be sure to make a copy of the old version's project file so you don't ruin anything. 

Still, all is not lost.  You can output a finished video from the old version and use it as input media in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines