Highlighted

Upload to YouTube settings for photo slideshow with basic animation

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking to optimize my upload settings for YouTube videos - I want to get the highest possible quality without overdoing it and ending up with unnecessarily huge file sizes. My channel publishes videos of images that scroll along with popular music lyrics. Here is an example of one of my videos: PictureLyrics Brother Iz Over the Rainbow - YouTube​. Often there is some basic animation, but not any video. Here are my current settings:

Format: H.264 MP4

Frame rate: 29.97 (this matches the Source, but I'm wondering if I could benefit from a higher frame rate?)

Aspect ratio: 16:9

Profile: High

Level: 4.2

Render at maximum depth: Yes

Bitrate encoding: CBR

Bitrate: 15

Set Key Frame Distance: no

Audio: AAC, Stereo, 48 kHz, High, 320 kbps

I also attached an image of the video settings.

Main questions:

1) Will I benefit from 60fps? The Source says 29.97, but I am not using any video source, only a series of pictures, some of which move across the screen.

2) Will increasing the Level from 4.2 do anything?

3) Are the Bitrate settings appropriate for this content?

4) Any other changes you can recommend to optimize for this type of content?

Thanks for your help!

adobe video settings.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upload to YouTube settings for photo slideshow with basic animation

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking to optimize my upload settings for YouTube videos - I want to get the highest possible quality without overdoing it and ending up with unnecessarily huge file sizes. My channel publishes videos of images that scroll along with popular music lyrics. Here is an example of one of my videos: PictureLyrics Brother Iz Over the Rainbow - YouTube​. Often there is some basic animation, but not any video. Here are my current settings:

Format: H.264 MP4

Frame rate: 29.97 (this matches the Source, but I'm wondering if I could benefit from a higher frame rate?)

Aspect ratio: 16:9

Profile: High

Level: 4.2

Render at maximum depth: Yes

Bitrate encoding: CBR

Bitrate: 15

Set Key Frame Distance: no

Audio: AAC, Stereo, 48 kHz, High, 320 kbps

I also attached an image of the video settings.

Main questions:

1) Will I benefit from 60fps? The Source says 29.97, but I am not using any video source, only a series of pictures, some of which move across the screen.

2) Will increasing the Level from 4.2 do anything?

3) Are the Bitrate settings appropriate for this content?

4) Any other changes you can recommend to optimize for this type of content?

Thanks for your help!

adobe video settings.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're working way too hard, IMHO.

You don't say which version of the program you're using but, assuming you're using version 14, just use Export & Share/Devices/Computer and select the 1920x1080 option with the MP4 format.

That will give you the best looking video on YouTube with the best optimized file size.

You will not see significantly better looking video by tweaking settings and using higher frame rates. YouTube is going to re-encode what you put up there anyway --- just give it the type and format it best works with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned, I am working in Premiere Elements 12. If I select the default 1920x1080p 30 option, it's going to do a VBR 1 Pass, with 32 Mbps target and 40 Mbps maximum bitrate. This is far in excess of what YouTube recommends on its recommended upload settings and results in a file that is more than double the settings I chose above. I do want to upload the highest quality video to YouTube possible, as I know they will compress it later, but this seems like this may be overkill?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With version 12, just select Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2017 0