Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent - Premiere Elements does purple and green glitch over my videos

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just purchased Premiere Elements. I started editing a video in the free trial version, and after getting most of the video edited I decided to purchase it to immediately get rid of the "free trial banner" across the video. However, when I received the full version, the video I was editing now has this purple and green glitch over it. 

glitch.png

This was not present in the trial version. There are some fixes available for this in Premiere Pro, but I have found nothing to correct the problem in Elements. I checked my Windows Updates and everything appears up to date on my computer.

If I cannot get this problem fixed within the next 24 hours, I'm likely just going to demand a refund. I cannot use a program that brought this major of an issue within my first few minutes using it.

If you can help me that would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, so we can't help you with a refund.

But this issue is usually resolved by updated your video card's driver from the AMD or nVidia web site rather than depending on the Windows supplied driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems strange that it would be the driver, considering the video played fine under the trial version. It would be nice to have a way to fix this problem in the actual program, as there is with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may seem strange, but trust Steve's advice.   Or, start an online chat session from the Help menu and get Adobe tech support.  If that doesn's work, get a refund.  Don't wait.  You get about a two week window of time for refunds.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro works in the same way.

If you have green and pink images you update the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and Premiere Pro doesn't work in the same way. You can fix this on Premiere Pro by going into Project Settings, General, and then chaging the Renderer. Then the video looks normal.
In Premiere Elements, you don't get this option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have to change the render settings in PrPro it means there is a problem with the driver or card itself.

In Elements you can turn off Hardware acceleration in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines