New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My config:

Imac 27 "5K 2017 - 4,2Ghz Core I7 4 cores

64 GB of RAM and

Radeon 580 8 GB graphics card.
Prem.Elements 2021 that I just installed is very slow. The video files are HD720 5Mbits / s (very small) and do not play smoothly. While I have no problem with them in Premiere Pro CC 2021 or Final Cut 10.5 installed on this same computer. I recently edited 360 ° videos on this machine in 6K without any worries (on FCPX).
The user interface is very slow (Zoom of the monitor, of the timeline, manual movement of the playhead ...). My projects are adjusted identically to the characteristics of my source videos.

I uninstalled the software with the utility provided by Adobe, installed again ...

Dumped the PRAM from my Mac (CMD + Option + P + R).

Increased the Premiere Elements cache from 2 to 10GB ...

I emptied the Premiere Elements cache ...

I don't know what else to do 😞

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at the Audio Hardware preferences.   I'm not sure on a Mac, but on a PC the Premiere Elements will get bogged down trying to process the audio if the setting isn't right.  A good setting for Default Input is "No Input".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choosed "No input"... and then I restarted the software.

Well try! But unfortunately this is not the cause of my slowness. To give you an example of the speed at which the reading is done. When I use the K + L or K + J shortcut to move forward or backward one frame, Elements takes almost 1 second to refresh the timecode!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is clearly not normal for Premiere Elements, Mac or PC.   I know nothing about Macs, so don't know what to offer.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines