• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using PREL File Projects From Old Computer

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my new HP computer up and running smoothly and have upgraded to PE 2020 and all is good!

I do have a dumb question though. I saved a few prel file projects from my old computer to a thumb drive and copied them to my new computer but they won't open in the program. The timeline for the video clips show the multi lingual banner "media offline". The titles I created for the project are in the timeline but no video or still clips. I believe I asked the same question years ago after a hard drive wipeout but cannot find the answer. I understand that the program can't show the clips because they are not where I put them initially (the old computer) but is there any way to salvage this project or must I start over?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project file is only a reference to your video clips and stills.  They are not stored in the project file. The titles are stored in the project file.

Your clips are offline because the project file doesn't know where they are.  You need to copy the video clips and stills to the same location on the new computer as the old computer.  If you can't copy them to the same location, you will need to relink them to their new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am missing something but the original files were installed in the same location on the new computer as one the old computer. They were seperated into two seperate folders by project and then in a master folder on the desktop of the old computer. They are in the same location on the new computer. Worst case secenario will be to drag them back into a new project file and start over. I know nothing is lost. Once again... thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines