Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Premier Elements 14 to edit Desktop recordings

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question for you all.

I am trying to edit a recording for a tutorial that I am making. First I am new to this and have been researching a little online and trying to use YouTube as well.

It seems most of the information that is out there is for Gamers. I am not a gamer and only trying to produce a good video for a tutorial.

I have tried using OBS and Icecream recorder for recording my desktop. If I replay these videos on my PC they look and sound amazing but as soon as I import them into Adobe Premier Elements 14 the video quality goes to crap. By crap I mean that the view of my desktop is not clear and can barely make out what the screen icons are! I have added a screen shot of the video so you can see what I am experiencing.

Now if I stop the video while I am editing the picture becomes clear. I have rendered the video and it does not change at all. While the recording is playing everything looks to be scrambled or buffering?

I have tried different formats. I have tried importing as MOV. MP4. a few other formats that is available for OBS and line video converters like Video Converter (Online & Free) — Convertio. 

What am I doing wrong? I have the same problem if I use other video editing software as well?

I can edit my videos from my GoPro Hero 3+ silver with no problems at all. I can edit my videos from my Android or I phone without any issues as well.

I have looked for suggested format for importing video into elements 14 and now everything is geared for elements 15.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and what did you do to correct it?

Thanks

Chad

Screenshot (7).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice would be to ask in the dedicated Premiere Elements forum:

Premiere Elements

This forum is mainly for photo editing, the video expert are on that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Premiere Elements Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines