• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 13 of elements - can't load previous projects

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to bring up a previous project that I did in elements (earlier version I believe) and I keep getting the error "file appears to be damaged."  how can I fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.  Because features and tools changed over time, the underlying program changes.  Consequently, Premiere Elements is not "backward" compatible.   The only work around is to use a complete output from an older project as input media for a new one.

Worse is that it is possible to damage an older project by opening it in a new version.  As you try this, work on copies and guard your backups from the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks not sure how to do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how to do what?  Use output footage from another project or use copies of other projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines