Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very basic question... selecting multiple images in Elements for time lapse

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beating my head off the wall...

I'm playing with time lapse in Elements 14.  I've loaded 10 images to play with time stretch.  I should be able to select the first image in the 10 image series in the video time frame, hold down Shift, then select the last image in the 10 image series and have the entire 10 images showing as selected.  Sure, I can hold down Shift and select each and every image I want in the series.  This is easy enough with 10 images, but will be a colossal waste of time with 400 images in the eventual time lapse.  I'm know I'm being boneheaded and just missing something... but how to you easily select multiple images in a time frame series in Elements 14????  Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all images: ctrl+A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know if E14 can do this but I would have a look at importing an image sequence which basically is a bunch of stills converted into a movie file on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ctrl+A does not work. 

Just so I'm be clear on the problem...

Let's say I pull 100 time-lapse photo's into Premier Elements 14.  They are now in the Project Assets window.  Interesting thing is I can select all 100 of the images in the Project Assets window by selecting the first impact and holding Shift down while selecting the last image.  Unfortunately this approach does not work after placing all images into the Video 1 timeline!  This is how you would expect to be able to select a series of images in a timeline (or a series of video clips for that matter).

I can drop/drag all 100 images down into the Video 1 timeline.  If I don't select a particularly image, they all remain selected... which is my current work around.  But if I select a particular image and then try to reselect all images in the timeline, I am unable to do this.  Why?  Why wouldn't selecting the first image in the timeline, and holding down Shift while selecting the 10th image in the series result in all 10 images being selected?  How can I easily select a series of images in a timeline?  As mentioned above, this isn't just an issue with images.  The same issue exists if you have a series of video shots.  There appears to be no easy way to select multiple shots without holding down Shift and selecting all of them, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines