Very glitchy and poorly functioning 2021 premier elements

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on iMac with Big Sur and newly installed premier elements 2021.  I have extensive background in video but have chosen to transition to amateur product since I have retired.  I am having many problems.  These are just a few:

Playhead doesn't start and stop by depressing the space key or the play/pause key.

Playback does not include play of the video even though it is in the timeline.

Software freezes during render and will not progress

Software freezes up and will not progress while simply attempting to add a title to the timeline.

I have worked several hours trying to produce a 1-minute video as my first project with this new software and I still can't make it come together.  Formerly, I have produced thousands of hours of video projects using Premiere Pro..  It is more than maddening. Any ideas as to how to proceed?  If you guys had paid phone support, I would pay for help.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't pay for help if you don't have to. You can contact Adobe's Help via Chat and they will work with you. Or we can probably help you see if it's fixable. Up to you.

If you start a new project and add a handful of photos to it, does the program work?

If so, the issue may be with your media rather than the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve -  I have really enjoyed your premiere elements tutorials! 

I added about 15 jpegs into the software and had similar problems.  It was common for me to have to attempt to load transitions 4-5 times before they would 'stick', the space bar might control the play head but, then again, it often doesn't, etc.  The keyframe diamonds work sometimes and sometimes they don't, etc.

Overall movements are jagged, and it is an overall frustrating and maddening experience to try to create short 3-4 minute videos.  I have had years of experience with Premier Pro but I am not making enough videos now to warrant the cost.

the .MOV files were created in my new iPad air (5 months old). Could that media be a problem? 

Any suggestions as to what I should do?  Thank you for your quick response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the program isn't working well even if you have a project and timeline made up only of JPEGs, then you've got a bad marriage of software and system. You can try to contact Adobe Customer Care via Chat and they may be able to fix whatever is causing the problems. But my personal recommendation would be to get a refund on the product and try another editing program.

I hope that doesn't sound cynical. But in my experience if you're seeing issues as severe as you're seeing, the problem may be too big for a simple fix.

Here is the link to Adobe's Customer Care. Click the Contact Us link in the lower right of your browser window.

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact/what-contact-options.html

Please report back if you find a solution that you think may help other Mac users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines