• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

very long render time

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new Premiere Elements 2021 the rendering of an UHD clip for television takes 3 times the duration as in version 2020. The rendering of a 30 minutes UHD clip took in version 2020 approimately 2 hours, in version 2021 it takes 5 to 6 hours using in both cases a laptop with an Intel I7-8700k, 64 G Byte main memory and 4 T Byte SSD background storage. I ask kindly for your support.

regards

Eckard Dittrich

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You fully explained the features of you computer.  You did not explain anything about the project, project settings, source footage, output settings, etc.  

There is nothing to suggest that the underlying 'engine' in 2021 has been restricted when compared to 2020.  Something else is going on.  

Without knowing more, my guess is that settings are different, diskspace it pushing limits or RAM is sharing space.   Again, I'm guessing for lack of information.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The projects setting is PAL-DSLR 1080p25. I am rendering MP4-clips in UHD-format and 25 fps from a Sony camera after some changes to brigthness, color intensity etc. As rendering result I set TV-UHD format. I made the same procedure already in the past with Premiere Elements 2019 and 2020 with similar rendering times, the dramatic increase came with version 2021. I made no other changes to other parameters. What else do you need to clarify this situation ?

regards Eckard Dittrich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an additional remark. I don't have any issues with the RAM. Premiere Elements is consuming in all cases only half of  the available main storage and the access to the backround storage shows a workload of 1 - 5 %. Only the CPU workload is nearly to 100% in all cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eckard,

I have no more guesses!  I don't know what to tell you to try.  

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try deleting the cache folder:

Delete complete folder : C:\Users\<Your machine username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

If above step doesn't help then, Can you please share the below information with us:

1. A screenshot of the preferences -> General dialog of PRE 2021.

2. Premiere elements log.txt file (attach) after some time when PRE 2021 has done some rendering on the timeline (Path: C:\Users\<your machine username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\19.0\logs

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines