• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VHS to video converter compatible with Premiere Elements 15

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some VHS tapes I wish to convert to video then edit in PE15. Is their a compatible device available to transfer the VHS tapes in real time to PE15 or will I have to generate a file of the tape first then edit it in PE15?

Many thanks.

Ralph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really is no good way to digitize VHS anymore. Most of the good systems for doing so are no longer being made. So you might as well use a cheap device like this, which plugs into a VHS camcorder or player:

https://www.amazon.com/MyGica-Capture-Windows-Digital-Composite/dp/B0197IWSNC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid...

Cheap, of course, doesn't mean you won't get good quality. It will likely be as good as you can get from VHS. Just remember that VHS wasn't all that good quality to begin with. About one-fourth the resolution of standard TV, which was one-fourth the resolution of today's HDTV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your prompt reply Steve.

I guess the device will leave a file on the PC of the converted VHS tape which I can then use as my 'media' in PE15.

Regards.

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines