• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and audio not in sync with new phones in premiere elements.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently called Adobe support, waited on hold for 30 minutes just for the agent to tell me they can't help me which was dissapointing.

I purchased Adobe premier elements 15 and recently upgraded to a new phone. The video sound is not in sync by several seconds only in this program. The videos play normally otherwise and in other editing software. I just purchased this program a few years ago so I can't imagine that already new phone videos are not compatible. Assistance would be great as I use this program for work and school.

TOPICS
Audio , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what phone you upgraded to, but since you are using version 15 this could well be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an LG Velvet but also have similar issues with Samsung 10 so I know it probably has to do with the program being outdated which is mind boggling since I paid for a lifetime of it and expected it to work for that amount of time.

I did try hand brake but that doubles the amount of time it takes to produce a video. Is it not possible to be upgraded to a newer version for this inconvenience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, NO version of Premiere Elements (or even Premiere Pro) will work properly with Variable Frame Rate video... so converting to Constant Frame Rate with Handbrake is the only way to use cell phone video

And no, even if version 2021 worked with VFR, Adobe is not going to give you a free update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, you wrote that "As far as [you] know, NO version of Premiere Elements (or even Premiere Pro) will work properly with Variable Frame Rate video... "  I'm 99% sure that changed in the last year or two for both Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 99% sure that changed in the last year or two for both Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro.

By @Bill Sprague

Premiere Pro still doesn't work well with almost all VFR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris B,

This forum is made up of fellow users.  We are not Adobe staff.   

For the record, you paid for a "perpetual license".  That means you can use it forever.  It does not mean you get upgrades or updates past the first year.   Adobe's other system is a "subscription" license.  You pay regularly and get ongoing regular updates.  

You have two potential solutions.  iPhones have choices in the video recording format.  I don't have an iPhone but am pretty sure that one or more is for constant frame rate.  The file sizes will probably be larger, but that might be OK if they work in your five year old software.    The other solution is to buy the current version.  It is advertised to support variable frame rate video as well as the newest HEVC format from iPhones. 

There is a free trial for you to test with your phone.  There is also a return policy for a couple weeks if you buy direct from Adobe.  Another choice is to send me one of your clips and I will test it for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do let us know if software companies start giving away free updates whenever user feel inconvenienced by a workaround. I'll definitely be taking advantage of that service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing! In the meantime I will just keep paying for lifetime licences every 5 years! 

I would say it is slightly more than an inconvenience when an editing program no longer edits btw 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have an Iphone but thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines