• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and Audio out of sync

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i play the vid as  .prel file it works great. After I "export and share" areas where the audio and video ARE LINKED are no longer synced.

Why? and how to do fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Where is your source video coming from? If it's non-camcorder video, it's likely that it uses a variable frame rate.

You don't say which version of Premiere Elements you're using, but only version 2019 can edit variable frame rate video without losing sync. Otherwise, you can use this solution in my tutorial.

Fixing Out of Sync video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot play a .prel file; its a project file. You probably mean playing the video on the timeline inside Elements.

Might be using footage that has variable framerate.

What OS, Elements build and footage is used?

post screenshot of clip analyzed in Mediainfo in treeview here on forum.

MediaInfo windows

MediaInfo Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, Yes it is sync'ed when I play it fm the timeline. I am using the most updated iOS and Elements 2019. Other than that IDK what you are referring to.

I'll look into the links you posted and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your source video coming from? If it's non-camcorder video, it's likely that it uses a variable frame rate.

You don't say which version of Premiere Elements you're using, but only version 2019 can edit variable frame rate video without losing sync. Otherwise, you can use this solution in my tutorial.

Fixing Out of Sync video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,  I am using Elements 2019. It is a non-camcorder.  but the audi and visual are linked and never unlinked. I watched your you tube vid. I am using an iPhone and Element 2019. Do I still need to use handbrake or is there a way to set the rate to constant within the elements program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the issue: iphone footage.

Adobe does state is works with variable framerate but it does not always work correct.

You need Handbrake: convert before bringing in your footage into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, Ann,

Thank you both. I will use handbrake! Thanks for the quick response! Thank you both very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wendy,

There is a possibility that changing or customizing your output settings may help.  How are you setting up the output?  Could you post some detail, including screen shots?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines