• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video controls not working

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently had our computer repaired and PE19 had to be reinstalled. when we tried to use it the video controls did not work on imported files, mostly from Gopro. After unistalling and installing again it worked fine for one project shot entirely on gopro then the next time we trird to use it the problem has returned. the fully rendered project that was last done will not work or any older videos that we made previously. I have played these on other programs with no problems. All other controls work fine and importing, rendering etc seem to be working just not play, pause etc. any suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more, my first guess is that the GoPro is being set to shoot in HEVC, also called H.265.  Premiere Elements can't handle that codec until Version 2020.

My other guess regarding play and pause is that the Default Audio Hardware Input is set to something other than "None".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some playing around I found that reset workspace tab got the video controls working. But now no sound. Audio is there but nothing out the speakers. The Gopro footage is older stuff that has worked on PE19 before so the problem with HEVC may not be the issue. I have checked all sound controls and this is all set correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines