• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video during playback goes black and becomes a montage of the other videos

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a problem recently on Premiere Elements where I add 3-4 videos to my timeline and edit them. Initially, they all look perfect and flow well together but suddenly one of the videos starts to flicker and goes completely black. When I look through it, it's suddenly become a compilation of the 3 other videos in my timeline and the original video footage has disappeared. When I export the video, that portion of the timeline is just black or has somehow taken parts of the footage from clips from another part of the video. No idea how to solve this and I've never seen this happen to anyone. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you're describing. Can you post some of this video to YouTube and then post a link to it so we can see what's happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can do that! 

https://youtu.be/Q7Ni_2TyLqU

There's the link to the video. Just to provide some background, there is a total of 4 clips in my timeline. The first two actually work in the video but then it just gets frozen there in a loop. There should be two more clips after the one it gets stuck on but those stop showing up in the timeline and are either black or somehow get converted into one of the earlier videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any updates for my graphic driver, and I'm not sure how to roll back a graphics driver. Let me know why this would help though because I'm curious! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back may help because it will match the "vintage" of Premiere Elements with a driver that was current when the code was written.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I do have adobe premiere elements 2021 that I bought only about two weeks ago. I don't think my driver has changed since then, so do you think that would still be a problem? One of my videos was woring on premiere but this new one is having this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 card. The drive is igdumdim64.dll, igd10iumd64.dll, etc. and the version is 22.20.16.4836  .... Lastly, I have a 64-bit operating system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 27.20.100.9168 driver for Windows 10 is available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure, the Intel website says that my Lenovo laptop has a computer-specific driver installed and the generic Intel driver may cause problems if I update with it. Should I go ahead or do I need to find an alternative solution? 

What the website says: A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Lenovo for the latest driver for your computer.

I tried looking through the lenovo website, but their website is broken and doesn't really have a way for me to update my driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would make a system image and Restore Point first and then try try the driver so that you have a couple of ways to go back if all goes south.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines