• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Editing a Soccer Clip

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have an error pointing to a player I need to be highlighted in a soccer clip.  Anyone know how to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put an image of an arrow on a track above the video, adjust the size, and keyframe the position.

See here:

premiere+elements+arrow+follows+player&oq=premiere+elements+ar…

and here:

premiere+elements+keyframe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to use the Photoshop Elements with Graphics -> Symbols -> Shape and create my arrow first.
BadMove.jpeg

Then, I put the image in the Project Assets in the layer above the video. When I want to show an error, I just have it show up where there is an error. This is done by dropping it above the error and keeping it present only during the point where you'll need it.
soccerA.jpg

Peru Bob's solution is a good one, but by using a separate graphic you can label the arrow. For example, you could use a green arrow with the label "Good Move."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trying to build on Willie's suggestion, there are two pieces of information that stumped me the first time I tried putting an arrow in a video.

First is that in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements the background has to be "transparent".  Second, saving it as a JPEG does not maintain that transparency.  You have to use .png or .psd.

If needed, I can post a basic arrow on DropBox suitable for videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines