• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video editor freezing when adding transitions

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am having premiere elements 2020 video editor locking up on me when trying to add transitions to a slide show, have tried using the adobe cc cleaner before reinstalling the software but the problem keeps coming back. I did notice that there is an appdata file that keeps growing with thousands of files in associated to PSE so I deleted them and retrieved 24 GB of data with no ill effectts. Have tried the adobe customer service, but we just keep going round in circles. Anyone any ideas.

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows and exactly which version of the operating system?

Has your operating system recently performed an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am running Windows 10 home edition with no recent updates. This problem has been going on for a few moths now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? Are the photos in your slideshow on the same hard drive as your program?

Also, which of the four systems for creating slideshows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My processor is an intel Core i53330 CPU @ 3.00GHZ with 16GB of SD ram, my operating system is a 1 TB SSD and the my photos are on a separate drive. I have tried the process by having the photos on the same SSD drive as the operating system with the same results.

I am using the Premiere Elements 2020 version 18.2 and then using the Video Editor to create a slide show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got two issues. 

One, your processor is on the lower end of the system requirements for video editing. On this chart you can see your processor benchmarks at about 4,000. In my books, I usually recommend a minimum of a 6,500 benchmark with an 8,000 to 10,000 preferred.

This is complicated by the fact that your photos are on a seperate hard drive. You don't say if this is an external drive, but that could further challenge things.

Finally, are you saying that your C drive is an SSD? Do you have at least 50-100 gigs of free space on that drive? SSDs tend to be small and fill up fast. If you have a lack of hard drive space, the program can choke when doing more intensive work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep i5 processor could be a better one, but will get new one when this gives up, restricted by pension.
My SSD drive is 1 terabyte and has the pictures on it with 308 gigabytes of free memory.

Adobe are saying my system is well within spec, so I am still thinking there is a problem , and it has improved since I emptied the media cache file.

Looks like I will have to live with this for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adobe are saying my system is well within spec
By @default18o1kp4k2q3t

Meeting the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean that it will run smoothly.  Adobe tends to underestimate the needed computer power for its apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines