• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video editor not launching ( premiere elements 15)

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was going to finish up the fathers day 2021 video but later on that evening, when i clicked on video editor... it was loading but for too long. i uninstall it and then reinstall it and try again but it still doesnt work. i don't know whats wrong, i just need help ASAP. thank you. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows, and exactly which version of the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will repeat "and exactly which version of the operating system?"

IF you are on Windows 10

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software doesn't change.  Couple that with how video editing in general makes more work for a computer than nearly anything else.   The result is that, too often, the problem is hardware.  It can be a simple as running short of disk space and as complex as looming memory failures.   Sometimes a routine Windows security update will change something that causes trouble.  

In other words, Guillermo, try to look at more than just Premiere Elements to find the issue causing troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same trouble as guillermo last night. I tried all the methods described in this link but it didn't work.
https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/premiere-elements/kb/startup-tbs-win-jp.html
I'm using Premiere Elements15, windows10. i need help too. thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problems- it sounds like more of an Adobe problem- it just seems odd that all of our computers failed on the same day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>sounds like more of an Adobe problem

No... the program does not change, but a Windows update DOES change things, as Bill said

Have you tried what I posted on the 21st?

Have you updated your video card driver?

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your polite support.

After installing the trial version of Premiere Elements 2021, Premiere Elements 2021 started normally.

I need to use Premiere for work right away, so I decided to give up on restoring Premiere Elements 15.

And I'm going to upgrade to Premiere Elements 2021.

This trouble seems to have occurred after the Windows 10 update was installed automatically.

When I shut down Windows a few days ago, "Install updates" was displayed, and since then, alerts have been displayed when Windows starts, and the weather forecast is displayed on the taskbar, so it is rather big. I think it was an update.

Many people have this trouble at the same time, so I think the update may be the cause.

Since official support for Premiere Elements 15 has ended, we can't expect a program to fix it.

I have decided that upgrading to Premiere Elements 2021 is the surest solution.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A current program to go with a current operating system is always a good idea

I run PrElements 2021 on Win10 Pro 64bit version 21H1 build 19043.1055 with a GTX1650 driver 456.71 and have no problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines