• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video file size suddenly doubled. Help!

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished editing video compilation in adobe premiere pro. The original first draft, which I rendered and uploaded to youtube yesterday, was only 12GB. No issues rendering, exporting, or uploading the file. I made some simple edits today to shorten the film and--when I try to Share & Export--it says the file is 45 GB! I exported it in the same resolution/quality both times, but this time--the file is WAY bigger and I've already had the export fail once. As of right now, Adobe is still rendering the file and it says it'll take 4 more hours to finish the export. 

Again--all I did between Sharing/Exporting yesterday vs. Sharing/Exporting today is REDUCE the length of the film. How do I get the file size back down to 12 GB? What happened? Any advice welcome. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , FAQ , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more, lower the bit rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...in adobe premiere pro."

Did you mean Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miranda,

have you ever found out what the reason for the bigger filesize was? And how to change it?

I'm having a similar problem and am at a total loss.

Best wishes

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudia,

I'm not Miranda, but the means to control output file size is "bit rate".   Premiere Elements provides some easy to use controls to adjust the bit rate, as well a direct method.  

Can you describe what you are trying to do with a little more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Bill,

thank you very much for replying. 🙂

I have started a new post about my specific problem here.

The bitrate seems to be the problem indeed, but it seems like Premiere (pro 2020 in my case) adjusts it by itself somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not do stuff by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am new to Premiere but am not impressed to find that the VBR encoding setting under Bitrate settings seems to vary wildly for bizzarre reasons, in some cases more than tripling the output file sizes.

I had a project that initially output at 25 Mbps using VBR, 1 pass. When I applied a single razor cut, splitting the video into two segments, the output setting jumped to 76 Mbps. This was exactly the same project using exactly the same video source file. The only difference was that I had applied a single cut to the video. The output size of the video jumped from 3 Gb to over 9 Gb. The video had been recorded on an iPhone and I had left the export settings as Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate. I also had problems dealing with blown out video with all the highlights whited out until I found a workaround involving an input LUT called HDR CONVERSION LUT and colour space override Rec. 2020. It is frustrating that Premiere doesn't seem to be anywhere near as intuitive as programs such as InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines