• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video lag problems in playback--latest software--top of line computer

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Premier Elements 2019. I am using it on a Surface Book 2 with top of line specs. My video (4k) in the timeline is playing extremely choppy and lagging to the point of being unworkable.  I've adjusted my playback quality settings to low and automatic both; I've rendered the video clip on the timeline. Nothing that I know of seems to work. I'm a beginner at this, and so this is a bit frustrating that I just bought Premier and it doesn't work properly. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Bob. You don't say the source of your video, but a number of 4K videos are using the HEVC H.265 codec, which is not supported by the program.

If you open your video in MediaInfo and set MediaInfo's View menu to Text, you can copy and paste the report it generates to this forum and we'll better know what to recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due respect to Steve, but I think he did a "typo".  4K, H.264, MP4 videos are well supported and have been for a few versions.  It is HEVC H.265 that is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops. Thanks, Bill. Fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines