• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video out of sync with audio

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing mp4 files from a video camera. I've been using Elements 2018 for a year with no problem when suddenly, after I clip a section out, the audio no longer matches the video. I bought 2020 and the same thing happens. I tried running it through Handbrake and I get a stop and start look for the video although the audio sounds fine. 

TOPICS
Audio , FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say where your video is coming from, but it most likely uses a codec or frame rate not supported by version 2018. Open one of your video clips in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. Once we see the specs of your video, we'll better be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve. Here's what I got:

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : C:\Users\Jamie\Videos\00027.MTS
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 1.59 GiB
Duration : 13 min 53 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 16.4 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate : 18.0 Mb/s
Recorded date : 2019-12-10 09:35:39-05:00
Writing application : Sony HDR-CX405

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=15
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 13 min 52 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 15.5 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 16.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan type, store method : Separated fields
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.250
Stream size : 1.50 GiB (94%)
IrisFNumber : 2.000000

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 13 min 53 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -604 ms
Stream size : 25.4 MiB (2%)
Service kind : Complete Main

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Codec ID : 144
Duration : 13 min 52 s
Delay relative to video : -67 ms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything in the specs that would indicate a problem. You should have no problems editing this video in Premiere Elements.

Could it be that your computer is just having trouble keeping up with high-res video? Try outputting an MP4 from your project and see if it plays out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve, I appreciate the help. I'm wondering if there are too many videos on my hard drive. I'll try moving them and seeing if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted a ton of files on my laptop, freeing up lots of space and still, the audio and video don't sync up when I put it in Elements 2018 and 2020. When I play the raw footage on my video player it's great. I tried reloading the raw footage and it made no difference. I played previously shot video from the same camera in Elements and found no issues. Over the past few months I've had trouble with the SD card, getting many error messages but I've always managed to get it to work. Now I'm wondering if the SD card has finally gone bellyup. Next thing to try is a new SD card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test with the new SD card and there were no sync problems. It's a short video but still, it worked so maybe it was the SD card. I'll know more when I can shoot a longer video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to understand the issue here. Is it that when you are importing a file from the specified camera and adding that to timeline, audio and video get out of sync, or is it that you have created a project of certain settings and you performed certain operations such as trimming, rearranging and deleting a clip from timeline and audio/video got out of sync. If it is the former then would it be possible for you to share a sample file(problematic) from the camera with us and we will investigate the issue using that file. If the issue is later arising from certain editing operation then we would need to understand the project settings and type of operations you are performing. 

Also, you are saying you are editing mp4 files and you have shared mediainfo of MTS file. Are both these files from the same camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's when I import a file from my video camera and try to play it in Elements. It's out of sync before I do any editing. 

Yes, both files are from the same camera. It's an MTS file before I edit it and MP4 after it's edited.

I can't post a clip without putting it on YouTube. I don't want my channel subscribers to see it. Is there another way to upload video here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I did a test with the new SD card and there were no sync problems. "

Are you keeping the source files on the SD card?  It may be that you need to copy the source files to your computer's faster drives before you begin a project.   My understanding is that the "normal" workflow for any video editing is to use Organizer, Lightroom, Finder (on a Mac) or Explorer (on Windows) to put clips in an organized file structure on the computer before editing starts.   SD cards and card readers are too slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source files are transferred to my computer before I edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem. I thought a new SD card would fix it but it didn't. When I play the raw footage on my laptop it looks fine. When I import it into Premiere the audio and video go out of sync. This only happens with clips longer than 10 minutes. I've tried reboooting, a newer version of Premiere, and Handbrake. Nothing works. Is there a setting in the program I could change? Could my camera be at fault?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. I have upgraded Premiere Elements from 2018 to 2020 with no improvement. The problem is most evident when I am editing video/audio from iPhones and iPads. It also seems that syncing problems are actually introduced while editing the video, and the MP4 output is actually worse than the original video. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since December I haven't had this problem. I think the issue is with my camera. When I shoot using battery power and it's longer than 10 minutes, the sync problem happens when I try to edit. Since then I plug in the camera and no issues. And yes, I asked the people at Sony (I have an HDR-CX405 that otherwise is great) and they couldn't help either. I'll just avoid battery power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhones and iPads might be similar if they're running on battery. Maybe that's the common thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try recording in 30FPS as you already downloaded Handbrake. but if you're someone who does not like to download anything try recording in 30FPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines