Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Project with Photos, GoPro, and Drone Footage

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is my first time posting so i'll try to do my best at explaining. I recently went to Indonesia and used my iPhone, a GoPro, and a Mavic Pro drone to capture some great footage of my trip. I recently bought Premiere Elements to help me organize and create a video of the trip.

I have everything put togther on a timeline the way I would like it but realized after rendering that my HD drone footage looks very poor quailty. The drone footage itself is good quailty on its own but seems to demish when put into my timeline. I have tried to change the video rendering settings to export with no noticable change in quaility. I read a couple other forums and looked online trying to apply suggestions to mine with no luck. My iPhone photos and videos seem fine and my GoPro footage seems great. This drone footage quailty is basically the last thing I would like to complete my project. I am using a Windows 10 laptop and my drone is a Mavic Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Export , FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the mixed footage, consider working through the specifications of the different footage, the project settings and how they were set.   If it were me, I would manually set the project based on what I want to produce.  Since most watch on 1920x1080 screens, that's a good place to start.   Once the project is manually set, add one clip of each for a trial.   What you see during editing is only a preview and may not be as good as you expect.  Once the three clips are scaled to the project and the preview looks "pretty good", try an output at 1080p.   Based on the cameras you listed, it should look very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I took your advice and did a test in a new project where I included one video from my drone, one video from my iphone and one video from my GoPro. After exporting this test project I was happy with the quaility of the videos on the test project but I dont think I made the export parameters any different than my main project. I'm still trying to figure out why the drone quailty would be so different from my test project compared to my main project. Would the addition of the photos in my main project have any impact on the quailty of my videos? (again the only video quailty that had deminished was the drone footage)

Now cannot export my main project without getting an "Export Error: Error Compiling Movie. Unkown Error". This is really confusion to me since it had been rendering and exporting fine before. I did notice that when I try to render the workspace certian areas of the rendering bar (green/orange) remain orange which make me think it isn't rendering and the error is tied to this somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines