• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video saved to OneDrive how to reload?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a video in progress to my OneDrive cloud.  When it was saved it was removed from my computer.  When I open Premiere Elements v.14 now it says that the media is offline.  I have found rendered files but when I try to import them I get "This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed." I can't figure out how to get the video back intact.  I’m not totally computer illiterate, but I am way out of my league here.  Can anyone help me from having to starting this project over again?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OneDrive is usually a backup for your files. Your files should exist on both your computer and OneDrive - it shouldn't be removed from your computer.

What happens if you download (or copy) the file from OneDrive back to your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I tried that and it didn't work.  When I try to open the video I get this:

If I choose the XMP file I get this message:

If I choose the MPEG file I get this:

Not sure where to go from here.  Any advice is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're saying in that last post, NanaJ.

Is the video on your OneDrive? Can you download it? 

What file format is the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - reposting here with the clips that did not attach before.

Hi Steve,

I tried that and it didn't work.  When I try to open the video I get this:

NanaJ1_0-1597147046749.png

If I choose the XMP file I get this message:

NanaJ1_1-1597147046754.png

If I choose the MPEG file I get this:

NanaJ1_2-1597147046757.png

Not sure where to go from here.  Any advice is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Not sure if you saw my reply of August 11.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"a video in progress" would be saved as a project file.  Those end in ".prel".  The project file has no video in it.  It is a road map of editing links and markers to your sources.   "XMP" files are not related.   Any output put from a project file will most likely be an ".MP4" file not an MPEG.   If you find any ".prel" files anywhere, double click on it and the project should open.  However, if you have moved the source files, or worse, deleted them, you will get a lot of errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a .prel file my only choices to select are MPEG or XMP files.  I select skip all and and get this :

NanaJ1_0-1600114707626.png

The music is there and the transitions that I put in are all there, just no video or sound. 

When I look at the project assets it shows .MTS for the name and under media type is offline.  However there are rendered videos that are .mpeg under media type as well but when I open them they play without sound. Example below.

NanaJ1_1-1600117056906.png

Thoughts?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The mpeg file is of no use to you as its a preview file.

When relinking you need to search your harddrive for the original files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thoughts?"  

When you start a new project all the source files and the project files themselves are linked with exact locations.  They can't be moved, deleted or altered.  The multilanguage "offline" screen is the indicator that you've moved, renamed or deleted the source files.   An MTS file is typically from a camera advertised to shoot "AVCHD" and probably a Sony or Panasonic.  Where are those files?  In the Project Assets box you can right click on the file icon and find a choice to locate those files.  

I'm guessing, but did you build your project with the video files still on the card or camera?

It may be easier to start over with all the files in the same place and not moving them until the project is complete.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance...I guess I will chalk this disaster up as a learning experiance and just start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"chalk this disaster up as a learning experiance and just start over."

I've done that a few times!   The same Steve Grisitti that posts here has a relatively quick 8 part series for Premiere Elements on his YouTube channel.   He has a more in depth course on LinkedIn Learning which has a free trial that is long enough to take the course.   

If video editing or Premiere Elements is new for you, either or both courses will quickly be of benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines