• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Stutter

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Elements 2019. It worked the last time but now when a load a clip into the timeline it plays for roughly 1 sec and stops. I tried rebooting my computer and that work for one clip but when i loaded in another it started doing the same thing. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more about your computer, it's memory and available disk space?  What version of Premiere Elements?  And, what is the source of the video clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was custom made specifically for video editing I am running Window 10, with 84.1 GB used and 140 GB free space. 16GB RAM,  Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz and Premier Elements 2019.  I shoot all my videos on a Cannon XA10. It was working smoothly since I got my computer (January 2019)  it just started stuttering when I launched the program a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have but one HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been no change in the program since January and, since it was running smoothly then, you have a computer or settings issue.

Check that the default input in the Audio Hardware settings is set to "None".  Oddly, there have been a few users that somehow have audio processing slow down their system.  After that, check the Hardware Acceleration setting in the General Settings page. 

If none of this works, you are using a current version of Premiere Elements and that qualifies for online chat service with Adobe Customer support under "installation issues". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have another bigger one but I use the C drive for my current projects,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

timothyharris1050  wrote

My computer was custom made specifically for video editing

A custom video computer should have only the operating system and installed programs on the C drive.

All else should go on a second (and/or third) drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines