• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video visible on timeline but still showing red media offline screen in monitor panel

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In adobe premiere elements 4 I have encountered a new problem. We have been working on a new, big project for a week now and everything worked so far fine. Every day I save it and also in between I sometimes make savings after important changes.

However, yesterday something must have went wrong, either during the saving or in general in the program itself because on the timeline, everything seems fine and all clips and audio are available, but in the monitor panel where you can preview the clip, the screen shows a red 'offline media' screen.

I tried to open the project from my saved copies (I save always on 2 HD's) but both act in the same way. If I move the media, he is asking me where all the files are and I am finding all of them but even after this entire re-linking process, he still isn't showing the image in the preview window: it remains 'media offline'.

I know that media can sometimes go offline but hat is new to me, is that the clips appear perfectly fine (including image) on the timeline and also the sounds is just working normally. And also off course that even after the entire re-linking process, he isn't able to fix it.

What went wrong and how can we fix it?

I hope that somebody can please help us, this is an important project for us and we spent a lot of time on it.

Thank you in advance!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences.

• To restore default preference settings and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

from here:

Preferences

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

At the moment we are now on another track since the program with which we were working is extremely old (premiere 4) and maybe it is really time to switch to a newer version. Perhaps an interesting fact for if anyone who might encounter the same situation:

We downloaded premiere 19, installed it on a windows 10 system and tried to open our old premiere 4 project in there. Against all expectations, it is opening and working. The title-fonts look different but further everything seems fine, so we will have to work a bit on it to correct some things but at least the original project and work seems fine and saved.

I will still try your advice with 4 today just out of curiosity and keep you informed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines