• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.wav music is the only format I can actually get music to play?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long time user of Cyberlink PD.  I am thinking about purchasing Adobe Premier Elements.  I don't use the features PD has and Elements does not.  I just export in MP4 and I like some of the controls I see in Elements.  I have the trail version and I've been playing with it for a few days.  The only problem I am having that might be a deal breaker is that I cannot get sound from MP3 music that I add?  I lets me import the MP3 music to the timeline but there is no sound.   When I import .wav is the only format I can actually get music?  Is this one of the limitations or should I be able to import MP3 and actually get sound?  (who keeps .wav music on their computers)?? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

If you open the MP3 in the free download Audacity, the lower right-corner of the program will indicate the Project Rate -- which should be either 44100 or 48000.

I can't imagine Amazon's music is using a non-standard sampling rate. I've always been able to use Amazon music as in in a project. But if not, that's likely the reason. Amazon usually doesn't include usage restricting software as iTunes does.

And, as Bob says, if for some reason you have got any problems with the MP3, once it's in Audaci

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on the specs of the MP3.

Where is the MP3 from? What is its sampling rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my music is purchased and downloaded from Amazon.  I am not sure about the sampling rate but the bit rate is 256kbps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert it to wav with an application like Audacity before importing into Premiere Elements.

Premiere Elements sometimes doesn't behave well with mp3 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the MP3 in the free download Audacity, the lower right-corner of the program will indicate the Project Rate -- which should be either 44100 or 48000.

I can't imagine Amazon's music is using a non-standard sampling rate. I've always been able to use Amazon music as in in a project. But if not, that's likely the reason. Amazon usually doesn't include usage restricting software as iTunes does.

And, as Bob says, if for some reason you have got any problems with the MP3, once it's in Audacity, you can easily use File/Export to output it as a WAV file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the responses.  Your customer support is definitely better than Cyberlink!  As I mentioned earlier I am using the trial version of Premier Elements and I simply tried to re-create the last production I did in PowerDirector.  The music I used in PD would not work in Elements but I was able to convert it to WAV fairly easily (which is one more step I would rather not do) BUT, I really like the  flow and the available power tools are excellent!   Many of the tricks I do in PD that are very time consuming, like reversing the video in the middle of a clip, I can do this in Elements without having to split the clip several times to get the effect I'm looking for and it does in a snap automatically!   I like the audio editing I've been able to do and I feel that most people would catch on to this faster.  I may not export in 20 different formats or do the 360 camera thing but I believe most people don't need that.  Therefore I think that a lot of video editing reviews are skewed towards those available options when in reality most people will find this software is very powerful and easy to use!  I think I will have to purchase it because the end result video I just produced with it is better!  Maybe you could work on making it not so picky about the MP3 music?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not customer service, Michael. This is a user to user forum, and I'm just someone who has used the program for many years and has written several books and created many tutorials on it.

So if you've got a feature request, you'll need to contact Adobe with it.

Meantime, I assure you that MP3s with standard sampling rates and no copy protection do work in Premiere Elements. I've used them on a number of occasions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines