• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam(s) not working - Premiere Elements 2020

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and downloaded Premiere Elements 2020 yesterday.  Every thing went smoothly right up to attempting to use this software for one of the main reasons I purchased it:  To sit at my terminal and capture video with a webcam.

I have the Windows 10 permissions set so the Elements seems to recognize both my internal built-in laptop cam, as well as my USB Logitech C920 webcam.  But there is *no display* when looking at the capture window.  I can take a little video and then see it upon playback.  But the audio is not synced.

This strikes me as a BASIC function.

I just purchased this software yesterday - for this very purpose - among others.

I sure would appreciate some support from the manufacturer.

And I'm wondering, of course... if I can't get this working - do I have any recourse?  Do I get my money back?

Thanks in advance for any help, input etc.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on my computer.  I don't know why it won't on yours. 

I'm sorry that you didn't take advantage of the free trial.  If you bought directly from Adobe you have a week or maybe ten days to get a refund.  If you bought from an independent retailer, that will be up the them.   

You can get "factory" help with the "Online Support" function in the help menu.  It will take you to a website with a 'start chat' icon in the lower right corner.  They may offer to take over your computer and make adjustments.   

Premiere Elements strongest features all have to do with editing footage from common consumer cameras.   If it were me, I would set up a camera, point it at myself, record and then import into Premiere Elements.  There is software that concentrates on screen capture and may be much better.  Recently I've been using a trial of Snagit from Techsmith.   No matter how I do it, the quality of the webcam is not equal to the quality of any camera.  

Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the thoughtful reply.  ; - )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, 

Could you please share machine details such as hardware, display software installed etc. with us? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Premiere elements 15, Windows 10.premiere elements usb camera feed not visiblepremiere elements usb camera feed not visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. It records but  the display screen is black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that Premiere Elements can record live video over a USB connection. The webcam connection is supposed to be as a WDM device.

Though if you can get it to work over a USB connection I'd like to hear how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. It worked initially (perhaps twice) but now a red border appears around a blank screen.

(On playback video and audio are OK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines