Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does this pop-up mean, plse?

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

What does this pop up mean, plse? I get it when I try to edit a clip in Prem Elements 11. The Adobe link referred to, does not exist.

Meaning.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time, MPEGs were a third-party plug-in in Premiere Elements and you needed to activate the plug-in the first time you used that software. That was a decade ago, however, and Adobe has long shut down the activation link. If you are just installing this old piece of software, you will not be able to activate this important component.

Try installing the free trial of the current version of the program. That MIGHT install the MPEG component, and you will then be able to use it with version 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve

Thank you for your reply.

I bought 11 from Adobe a while ago but have since changed PCs. I will try installing it again - maybe better luck next time.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what Steve said, reinstalling that old version will not activate the component, since the activation link is gone

Trying what he said might work, or you might need to buy the current version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply, John.

I get that pop up message when I try to edit one particular MP4 file - Handel's Halellujah Chorus on YouTube. I have also just tried to edit and save to DVD another MP4 file (a short music video also on YouTube) without that pop-up appearing. Prem Elements 11 should work, of course, without having to buy the latest version, otherwise we would end up buying every new version of software when it came out: we would have to sell our house, car, wife, and kids just to keep up. I still use Microsoft Word 1997 without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines