• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Is a Solid Computer for Adobe Premiere Plus for, Say, $600?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told the minimal requirements for a solid Premiere Plus machine is  a gaming computer with:

8GB RAM, but preferably 16

4GB/VRAM

SSD: 512 GB

HDD: 1TB

Is that so?  I have some fiscal flexibliity, but not much; I'm out to strech my dollars to the maximum extent.  I could raise my price bar, but let's start at $600.  Not many sales a re going around at the monet, vyes, but we are where we are.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop with i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM and the rest of your specs.  It works well for Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro.  My videos are typically less than ten minuets.  Premiere Elements does not use a GPU.  

CPUs on the Passmark list that score about 7000 and higher work pretty well for video editing.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for Elements or Pro?

Either way HDD need to be a SSD too.

HDD is only usefull for backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for video-editing software; my pardon, but I thought that was obvious.  Are Plus and Pro the difference between image manipulation, and video editing?

I'm aiming to make talk-heavy Youtube Videos; political commentary,they could be over twenty minutes, but I'm thinking of their running around ten minutes or so, beginning. 

Wasn't told that CPUs/GPUs were video-editing benchmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is consumer level.

Premiere Pro is professional level and only by subsciption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I am probably aiming at Elements, given Pro is subscription, but what computer should I buy?

Whsprague, what computer should I buy?  Could I get an Asus, at around $600-$700, with the specs you mentioned?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHS is right. There are so many variations out there that it's impossible to recommend a specific computer. Even within brands and models, there are dozens of variations.

Rather, use the link to the benchmarks he posted above. For high-def video, get a processeor that rates at least 8000. For 4K video, get at least 10,000. You can easily do that for under $600 (not including your monitor(s).) Especially if you buy a Dell or HP refurbished computer, which are great values.

Get at least 1 terrabyte of storage on your hard drive. 2 TB is even better. And at least 12 gigabytes of RAM. All of which should be easily had on a refurb for under $600.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meet standards of recommendation here, or need I still go pricier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your ASUS does not have enough SSD space or RAM for me.   I think that the primary drive needs to be twice that and RAM should be at least 12.  With the larger SSD, you would still need an external drive to store completed projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this be of similar quality?  It may not be, but I am trying to find the lowest cost solution, possible.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it is a dual core. You need a quad core preferably with hyperthreading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Low cost is always important.  And that computer may work.  But working well and working are not the same.  That one has the HDD space and RAM for video editing.  But that particular CPU is slow.  https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-7500U+%40+2.70GHz&id=2863

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines