• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the relevance of the anchor point in applying the crop effect?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support Community. 

As always, thank you very much for the help.  I have croped the left edge of one of my clips.  I've read everything i can find about croping.  After reading and playing with the crop i think i understands how it works. What I can't find any information on is the relevence of the anchor point (that displays in my monitor panel).  I undstand, from what i have read, is that the anchor point is the point from which 'where all the other fixed effects (motion and opacity) will work from.'.  So, i kind of get it but not realy.  I've included a pic of the cliped frame that i'm working from.  Anchor point does not dispaly in pic, but for reference it is located in the left lower corner of the pic.  

Aslo, with regards to the black box on the left edge (the croped portion of my photo).  I checked  the 'zoom' to resize my pic but the net effect is a very distored image of my good friend Davis.  I understand that this is the result of  'scaling' and that this is just the way it is.  Some of what i had read states that Premiere pro has a way of croping and resizing the image that does not distort.  Is there a method for resizing an image in elements like there is in premiere pro?  

thanks again for all the help.  

Brian davisdavis

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I don't see an anchor point control in the Applied Effects for the Crop effect in version 2020.

CropAdj.jpg

2.You can't zoom into a video or scale it beyond 100% without losing resolution in any program I'm aware of. It's the nature of resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply.  I failed to mention that i was droping the crop effect on an adjustment layer ( an adjustment layer that i had applied to this single clip).  I had read, somewhere, that this was the perfered method for croping.  No wonder i was confused.  after droping the crop effect on the adjustment layer i was clicking on the image, in the monitor panle, and what showed were the handels and anchor point that you would see by clicking on the adjustment layer (not to be confused with the blue box that appears around the croped image when clicking on the work 'crop' shown in the crop effect (displayed in the applied effects). 

Sorry, tuff coaching us newbies 🙂  

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out, Brian. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines