• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What’s New in Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has announced the release of new versions of PSE & PRE today.

I have posted a summary of the new features on my blog which can be accessed at this link:

What’s New

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is H.265 support included?   I clicked through some links and didn't find anything. 

Not yet common, but at least a couple cameras are capable of using it.  The Panasonic GH5 and GoPro Hero 6 are the most recent that I'm aware of.   It appears to be related to shooting 4K at 60fps. 

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I think Adobe has been testing the new compression formats for photos and videos (HEIF and HEVC) but Elements 2018 was fixed some time ago prior to shipping. So we will more likely see support for these new formats introduced first in Photoshop Creative Cloud before Elements. It is all being pioneered by Apple with whom Adobe continues to work closely as well as with Microsoft on the Surface Pro and other tech advances. Steve Grisetti may have an opinion as he is more familiar with Premiere than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find a complete discussion of the new features, as well as links to screen captures and demo tutorials, in this forums FAQs.

What's new in Premiere Elements 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Premiere Elements 15 about a month ago. Will Adobe have an upgrade path?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly worth contacting Customer Service via chat. They sometimes do honor recent purchases with an upgrade, so it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do that. Thank you for responding.

Take care,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey is Photoshope elements supporting Apple HEIF format?  I have been using Premier elements as my main editor etc since 2008 and I am unable to import the new Apple IOS HEIF into PE?  I have my iphone set as most compatible, but still cannot download via the PE Downloader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With iOS 11 and iPhone 7 (and beyond) now defaulting to HEIF and HEVC (h.265), Adobe needs to move quickly to get this out, even to the Elements level users.  Otherwise, people will move to - and get used to - something that does so first.

My iPhone does a pretty good job of converting to standard jpeg when I upload to OneDrive (phone set to upload pics automatically), but I've found it doesn't convert videos automatically uploaded; they have to be manually converted before PE can open them and it's a bit of a hassle to do each one.

I suspect more cameras will follow these formats.  They are significantly smaller in size and every bit as good in quality.  I was really hoping the new release would have support, so now I'm hoping they add it in an update in the not too distant future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree but also bear in mind that many phone cameras are now capable of capturing DNG raw files and HDR via the Lightroom Mobile camera app. So for some, compression will be important whilst others will find improved dynamic range important for post capture editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the test version of Prmiere Elements 18. To my amazement Bluray authoring is not possible, has been removed. I cannot believe it. My Magix that I presently use does it, so does Nero.
In spite of my basic sympathy for Premiere Elements (last version bought: 11) I will not buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sympathy?

Anyway, this is why it's wise to do your research before you make a purchase. You saved yourself a lot of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely a dumb question, but being used to the layout display of Pre11 with toolbar on the bottom etc., is it possible to change the layout of Pre18 to similar appearance? I prefer the extended timeline with editing on top right corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was used to the old interface too and had to adjust!  There is no way to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines