• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should i do when HEVC media can be imported, but becomes blurry and gets stripes?

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After finally being able to import HEVC media i get problems when i start playing it. It becomes blurry and gets stripes all over the screen. So all in all it's completely useless ..

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

The footage is shot with a GoPro Hero 8 Black, in 2.7k 100fps and the lense is set to wide. I'm not sure if the 100fps could be a problem.

Adobe_Blurry.PNG

Any other media player works just fine with the same file ..

I doubt that it's a hardware problem.

My specs: i7-9700, MSI RTX 2060 6GB, 16 GB DDR4 RAM 3000 MHZ, M.2 SSD

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Version 1903

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first add your HEVC clip to your timeline, is there a yellow-orange "render" line over it? Ideally there should not be -- at least until you add effects. A render line indicates that the program is not able to match its project settings to your video's specs, and that can result is the playback issues you're seeing.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

yes there is a yellow line. I've been experimenting with the project settings, but i wasn't successfull.

Can you help me with the settings? I shot the footage with my GoPro Hero 8 Black in 2.7k 100fps and the objective was set to "wide".

I didn't really find a matching setting in Elements 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The intended way to establish project settings is to add some media and put a primary clip on the timeline.  Premiere Elements then picks the best match.   How are you doing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats the way i do it.

When it didn't work i began to create new projects and change the settings. But it never worked. Could the 100fps be the Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Premiere Elements does not have project presets for 100 fps video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshot in original post.

2020-04-21_16-37-27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you put a shorter clip on DropBox or similar?  I would like to try it on my computer to see if there is something to learn that would be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would if i were able to shorten a clip 😄

I'll try to work something out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not shorten a clip that would defeat the purpose but a short clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its either the framerate or video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is right.  If it works on my computer it is likely the driver.  If it doesn't work on mine and looks like yours, then Premiere Elements isn't up to the task.  Don't shorten an existing clip.  Either take a short new clip with the same camera settings or put up a "big" one.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so i formatted my SD card that i use in the GoPro and shot for all of you 3 test Clips

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u2g2r39aza86xyy/AACesMz5mQZ-rdULMjQbcX_Sa?dl=0

1) 50fps H.264

2) 100fps HEVC

3) 50fps HEVC

Clip 1 works just finde in Adobe Premiere Elements.

Clip 2 and 3 don’t work in Adobe Premiere Elements

So my computer obviously has a problem with the HEVC codec. Please tell me if the clips work on your computer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the nVidia driver didn't work either ..

I'm running out of ideas ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same results.  GoPro seems to be always leading with "cutting edge" formats and codecs.   I'm going to try Handbrake and Premiere Pro.  More to come....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After getting the same results, I tried the (free) Handbrake program.  The two clips that wouldn't work natively with Premiere Elements went through Handbrake.  For the 100fps HEVC clip, I set Handbrake to H.264 and 100 fps.  Premiere Elements accepted it at 100 fps.  

So, it (apparantly) is not the 100 fps all by itself that doesn't work.  It is the combination of HEVC and 100fps that trips up PrE.  

I also tried the three clips in Premiere Pro on the same computer and they were useable as is without Handbrake conversion.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines