• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I upload a video from Premiere Elements it does not show the video filling the screen.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload a video from Premiere Elements it does not show the video filling the screen. I am updated to the latest version, and I do not DIRECTLY post to YouTube through Adobe.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the 2020 Adobe Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your export settings?

What are the project settings?

What is the media properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find this info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find your project settings, go to the program's Edit menu and look on the General page under Project Settings.

To find your video's dimensions, right-click on the video clip and select Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (334).png

Screenshot (335).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, your video is 640x360 pixels while your project is set up for 640x480 pixels. 

Which is going to pose a challenge because in order to fit full screen your video is going to need to be upscaled to 855x480.

Your best shot is to start a new project and, on the New Project panel, click Change Settings. On the Project Settings panel that opens, under Hard Disk/Flash Memory Camcorder, select Widescreen 48 khz. Click OK and then, back on the New Project panel, check Force Selected Project Setting on This Project. Then, before you add your video, go to the General page of Project Settings (under the Edit menu) and ensure Default Scale to Frame Size is selected. 

I know that seems a bit convoluted, but the problem is with your source video. I'm not sure where it came from, but it's not a standard format. It's going to take a bit of tweaking to use it in a video project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I put in "Default"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (345).pngScreenshot (346).pngScreenshot (347).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I fixed the source video, thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines