• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are all my recent projects..?

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project for several hours yesterday. Saved everything. Turned my computer off than on again today, as to reboot it- because it was going slow. Went back into my Premiere Elements, and there were no longer ANY recent projects there. Makes no sense. Need help ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro CC​ to Premiere Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program might has reset itself.

Open project from windows explorer or finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help. What else do I need to do?  I am confused why it reset itself and everything is gone, since I have saved all my work throughout the whole editing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save it to an external drive that is not now connected?

Where did you save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project that I had not completed was still saved within my adobe premiere elements software. It was not saved externally as I had not yet completed it. However, any time I have stopped and started with editing projects, all my "recent projects" remain easy to access on the menu bar within my adobe. Now, when I go into my adobe, it is as if I have never made any project before ever. Really like I had never used adobe at all- all previous work was gone. I am confused, because I have never had this problem before. Not sure how it would have reset itself all of the sudden and removed all my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Elements does not store your projects or media used in the projects.  It serves as a tool to modify those items.

The recent projects was just a shortcut to the files on the computer hard drive where they are actually saved to and stored.

Do a Windows search for .prel files to find your project files:

how+tosearch+windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines