• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which media size is possible

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to edit and produce a film from an .AVI file. My .avi file is 58 minutes long and 11,7 GB. At first the program works well but after a while it stops and no action will make any differance. After a re-start the program works again, but fails shortly. Is the file too large or what else can be wrong? I have checked that project settings are correct.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide details for anyone to help
Mac or Windows and exact version of the operating system
Premiere Elements version
CPU brand and model and clock speed
Video adapter brand and model and driver version and amount of video ram
Number and size and type of hard drives

AVI is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view

Post IN your message, not as an attachment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John did not include that Premiere Elements can do it.  I have produced projects that large.  Premiere Elements is fully capable.  As John listed, the issues will be in the details of memory, disk space, preference settings, source media and CPU capability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your kind feedback. I was not aware you need such details but I should have understood you need to know that I operate a desktop PC with W10 ver. 1909. The computer processor is AMD 8300 eight core 3,3 GHz / 8 GB RAM / 64-bit operating system x64 processor

Further, the Adobe Elements Premiere 15 program is installed on the C-drive while the files are on the D-drive which has got 159 GB spare.

I save intermediate files on the same library as the .avi files. Please be aware that other .avi has been edited with success, but those were smaller files.I have downloaded the .avi file from a DV tape from my Sony camera and the .avi-file has got 720x576 px 25 pict/s.

I'm not advanced enough to be able to find out details abut what is inside the .avi file and codec

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the avi file is from a DV camera you dont have to give details as they are well known.

1 hour of DV-avi will give about 13 gig of file size.

Tell us your workflow for this avi. How exactly are you editing it on the timeline.

Cutting, adding effects, transitions etc? Post screenshot of timeline.

Also post a screenshot of your project settings/general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the mail I got this message from Adobe support;

We would like to inform you that Premiere Elements 15 is too old and no longer available and supported with Windows 10 64 Bit and Secondly Premiere Elements 15 servers have been shut down. If you will try to install or update it further, then it will create conflict with your system. 

So it appears nothing is wrong, just too old. Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Support Means your Customer Care:-
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines