• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Copy/Paste Disk Folders Into An ADOBE Project To Create An Asset?

New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using ADOBE Premier Elements 14 to create a VIDEO.  i thought that I could COPY/PASTE (ie IMPORT the files ) from the DISK folder structure to give me isolation from the ORIGINAL SOURCE file so that I could change the names of the folders on the DISK if I wanted to.

I have since learned that when you COPY/PASTE a folder from the DISK drive that it does NOT IMPORT the file to give you a separate COPY,  it simply creates a LINK back to the ORIGINAL source file on the DISK, so what is the purpose of having a FOLDER STRUCTURE in the ASSETS tab when you can simply DRAG/DROP a file directly onto the TIMELINE?

I think this is a DESIGN error because it BINDS the iMAGE or MOVIE to the DISK folder STRUCTURE which creates ALL sorts of problems if you want to RENAME the SOURCE folders.  If you want to DRAG and DROP directly from the DISK folder, I can understand the HARD BIND with a  LINK but when you COPY and PASTE, it should make a copy and work like an IMPORT so when it becomes an ASSET in the PROJECT folder, it is simply a LOCAL LINK reference.allowing the USER to do anything they want with the ORIGINAL folder STRUCTURE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a question about workflow options?  Or, are you simply complaining. 

FWIW, I have a workflow I like that includes always working on media copies and never the original. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines