• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do imported slideshows get choppy?

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slideshow, created in Windows Movie Maker, that I imported into Elements. When viewing the slideshow before import, the zoom and panning is smooth, but after it gets imported into Elements it becomes kinda choppy and not smooth-looking.

Why's that, and is there anything I can do about it?

TOPICS
Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the slideshow from Windows MovieMaker into Premiere Elements? What format is it in?

Windows MovieMaker was discontinued years ago. Windows 10 now includes the vastly superior Windows Video Editor. Have you checked it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Steve asks, what format is it in?  Assuming it is in a default "MP4" format, it should work in recent versions of Premiere Elements.  There are a few settings that may need to be adjusted. 

What version of Premiere Elements do you have?  What are the project settings?  What are the Audio Hardware settings?  What is the Timeline Render Quality setting?  What is the Hardware Acceleration setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines